Can Foreign Cars Be Brought to Turkey from Abroad?
The automobile industry in Turkey is expanding. Many people could prefer to import their foreign vehicles from overseas. However, bringing a foreign vehicle into Turkey may be difficult, and there are rules that must be adhered to. The procedures and requirements for bringing a foreign vehicle into Turkey are described in this article.
Turkey’s Foreign Car Import Regulations
A variety of rules have been put in place by the Turkish government regarding the importation of foreign vehicles. Some of these rules are as follows:
- The vehicle must be under three years old.
- The vehicle has to abide with Turkish safety and pollution regulations.
- The vehicle must be registered in the nation of manufacture.
- The owner must present ownership documentation.
- Taxes and import fees are the owner’s responsibility.
Taxes and Duties on Imports
Paying import taxes and tariffs is one of the major expenses involved in bringing a foreign automobile into Turkey. The price of the automobile, the nation of origin, and the kind of car being imported are some of the variables that affect how much customs and taxes must be paid. The following are a few of the taxes and levies that might be imposed:
- Value-Added Tax (VAT)
- Excise Duty
- Customs Duty
Procedures for Bringing a Foreign Car into Turkey
The following actions must be taken in order to import a foreign vehicle into Turkey:
- Assemble all required paperwork: This contains the car’s registration, ownership documentation, and any other pertinent paperwork.
- Message a shipping firm: Make plans for the car’s shipment to Turkey. A price for shipping and handling fees will be given by the shipping firm.
- Present the required paperwork to Turkish Customs: This contains the necessary paperwork as well as evidence that import taxes and duties have been paid.
- Once all required paperwork has been provided, Turkish Customs will clear the vehicle for entrance into the nation.
- Register the vehicle: Following Customs clearance, the vehicle has to be registered with the Turkish government. Obtaining a Turkish license plate and paying any necessary costs are also included in this.
Although it might be difficult, it is feasible to import a foreign automobile into Turkey. You can successfully import your foreign vehicle into Turkey by adhering to the rules and procedures described in this article. However, it’s crucial to take into account all of the associated expenditures, such as import charges and taxes, and to make sure the vehicle complies with all applicable safety and emission regulations.